"EVERYONE without exception is very, very special with extraordinary qualities and extraordinary powers. You just may not know it yet. The secret is to be, love and cherish yourself; it is to be your true essence. You are love and light, infinite wisdom and unlimited possibilities. Whatever you ask, you shall receive. You can have, be and do anything you want. You just need to choose what makes you happy in your heart. It is very simple. Remember, you are loved beyond measure for who you are and you are beautiful."
Author Unknown ~ but a very Wise Soul
“Tis the season to be joy-ful, peace-ful, grate-ful, hope-ful”
The holidays are here and what better time to remember basic values and simple pleasures. It is a time where gathering around the table with others is a blessing more valuable than unwrapping a new present. And while there is nothing wrong with giving things to one another, what is of greater value is to share your hearts. Share your words of inspiration and kindness. Share compliments and positive words. Share your laughter and radiant smile. Share the things you would like your loved ones to know. Share how you see their spirits shining brightly no matter what they see inside of themselves. These are the gifts beyond price - the ones that last way beyond the season and live in the hearts of the receiver forever.
I would like to take this time to wish you and your Family a VERY Happy Holy-Day filled with much love, light, peace, joy, clarity, simplicity, abundance, success, laughter and all your hearts desires. Whatever tradition you celebrate, celebrate it with loving kindness and appreciation for the gift of life.
During the busyness of this season, re-member to take the time to nurture yourself, play and laugh. The greatest gift you can give yourself and others is what comes from your heart. Be grate-ful for all the blessings that you already have in your life and more blessings will certainly come your way in 2014.
From my heart to yours, I wish you a New Year filled with more opportunities and adventures that will surround your life with expanded love, peace, faith and happiness :)
Believe in yourself, in love, in trust, in magic, in angels, in happy endings, in God, in promises, in miracles, in people, in fairytales, in following your heart, in peace and happiness, in never growing up, in following your passions and making your dreams come true, in always having fun, in helping people, in making the world a better place, in changing for the better.
HEART TO HEART… SOUL TO SOUL… AS WE LOVE…
WE CHANGE THE WORLD… WE ARE ONE !!!
In Love AND Gratitude for your presence in my life
I AM THE TRUE GIFT OF SPIRIT THIS SEASON – SHARING MY LOVE, LIGHT, COMPASSION, JOY AND LAUGHTER WITH EVERYONE I MEET !!!
The Angel of December - is the angel of generosity. The December angel celebrates with us this time of giving gifts to all the wild creatures and to all of God's children. The angel of December leads us to join hands with people of all races and religions, recognizing that we are children of the same creator, and we all share the responsibility of bringing joy and health upon the earth. Inspired by December's angel, we can celebrate this season of brotherhood by doing one act of kindness every day of December ~ going out of our way to bring warmth and light into another's life.
Expressions of the Heart
Creating Meaningful Homemade Gifts
During this season of giving, it is the intention behind the thought that is most important.
The gifts we craft with our own hands are often the most significant because the love that drove us to create is infused in the products of our creation. And the recipients of these homemade offerings receive a token of our willingness to invest ourselves in their joy. Allow these ideas to inspire you:
1. When you craft a beautifully decorated prayer box (or jar) for loved ones, you give them the gift of spiritual awareness. As you share this gift, explain that it should serve as a receptacle for their hopes, dreams, and loves—as well as worries—and thus a reminder of who they were, are, and will someday be.
2. If you love journaling, share your writing joy with family and friends by giving each a unique, handmade personal journal. A simple spiral notebook dressed up with paper, fabric, photographs, or other embellishments will give your loved ones a special place to record their private thoughts.
3. Erase the distance between yourself and your far away loved ones by presenting each with a photo journal documenting how your life has changed in the past year. Or introduce them to your locale with a homemade guidebook that highlights everything you love about your town or city.
4. When you sew medicine bags for the people you care about, you can rest assured your gift will always be close to their hearts. A small pouch can be filled with many meditative or symbolic items, such as quartz crystals, sage, or magical objects.
5. A progressive photo album, wherein pictures tell the story of your relationships from the past up to the present, can be a simple yet poignant reminder of the many wonderful experiences you and your loved ones have shared over the years.
6. Give the gift of serenity with a guided meditation you create and record to CD or tape. Your loved ones will take pleasure in being led through tranquil landscapes by the soothing sound of your voice.
7. Hand-crafted ornaments that can be hung on trees, in windows, and on walls afford you an opportunity to surround the important people in your life with beauty. Whether you prefer to work with clay, crystals, fabric, baked dough, or natural objects, your gift can serve as a calming focal point in your loved ones’ homes.
Whether you choose to give a gift or simply share your friendship and love, remember that it is the intention behind the thought that is most important.
Are you busy and stressed preparing for this Holiday season? You may find it helpful to first engage in a soothing meditation and release all tension from your body. Release all thoughts and worries from your mind and focus on developing a strong sense of inner peace. Then you can practice a state of mindfulness in every activity today, taking care to remain fully present and conscious in the now.
By keeping our focus firmly on the present moment, we can engage more fully in each experience and lend a greater sense of richness and meaning to our lives. We often tend to obsess about regrets from the past and concerns about the future and forget to focus fully on the present moment. If we instead choose to live our lives with a sense of clear mindfulness, we are able to enjoy each experience on a more profound level. We feel more alert and aware of our existence, more connected spiritually, and we experience a new depth of richness and joy in each moment. Your fears about the future will dissipate if you choose to turn your attention to creating a joyful present today.
There is no question that uncertainty...and worry...seem to have increased dramatically as we all try to cope with such concerns as mounting violence and the effects of the global economic crisis. Yet, there is no question in my mind that, with the right tools, all of us can rise above any situation that life hands us. With this in mind, Susan wrote Embracing Uncertainty to give you those "right tools" which will help you see all that confronts you in a more life-affirming and powerful way. Here are just a few of these tools to get you started...
1. "UN-SET" YOUR HEART. With your heart set on something, upset is often the result. When you "un-set" your heart, by definition, you are letting go of trying to control things over which you have no control. In all things, you do your best, but then it is important to "let go" of the outcome. As you let go, you are able to breathe a sigh of relief and open the door to a much more powerful way of living. Always remember this...
There is great adventure in the unknown that propels us to discover powerful parts of ourselves that we didn't know were there.
It's true...you are more powerful than you could ever have imagined. And it is by pushing through your fears that you discover and use this incredible power.
2. CREATE A "WONDERING" LIFE INSTEAD OF A "HOPING" LIFE. It helps to un-set our hearts by substituting the words "I hope" with the words "I wonder". Instead of "I hope I keep my job", say "I wonder if I'll keep my job." Repeat these two sentences out loud and notice the subtle relief in this simple shift. Instead of placing yourself in the middle of the drama, you have placed yourself in the role of "observer"...as if you were watching a good movie unfold. "How interesting. I wonder what comes next." Even with very difficult situations in our lives, substituting "I wonder" for "I hope" keeps our hopes from being dashed and opens up the possibility of our learning and growing from whatever happens.
3. CHOOSE THE PATH OF TRUST. When you fully understand that you have little control in the external world, you then have two choices: 1) You can choose to see yourself as a "poor-me" victim at the mercy of circumstances...or... 2) You can choose to develop the trust that, no matter what happens in your life, you will have the inner strength to create something good from it all. You can see why it is important to choose the latter!
4. INCREASE YOUR INNER SENSE OF POWER. One way to develop trust in yourself is to cut off the negativity in the mind by saying over and over again, "Whatever happens in my life, I'll handle it!" If you say it often enough, you will ultimately believe it! And...
If you really believe that you can handle anything that happens in your life, what could you possibly have to fear? The answer is, "Nothing!"
So when the "what-if's" are driving you mad, simply cut them off by saying over and over again, "Whatever happens, I'll handle it!" You'll feel a sense of confidence wash over you. Powerful...and peaceful... indeed!
5. COLLECT "HEROES" WHO HAVE LEARNED TO HANDLE IT ALL. Heroes are people who have created much good in this world as a result of horrible experiences in their lives...for example, Viktor Frankl, who created so much good out of his experience in a concentration camp and Ram Dass, who created so much good as a result of his debilitating stroke. As you collect heroes, you realize that..."If they can learn and grow from their experiences, I certainly can learn and grow from mine!" Truer words were never spoken.
6. FOCUS ON THE LEARNING THAT CAN COME FROM ANY SITUATION IN YOUR LIFE. You can learn and find strength from ANYTHING that happens to you. For example, Susan certainly learned from and found strength as a result of her own experience with breast cancer. If you see ALL situations in life as a way of learning and growing, it helps you let go of your need for things to be a certain way. So despite what is happening, constantly remind yourself,
"I CAN LEARN FROM THIS."
When you can see the opportunities inherent in ALL situations...GOOD OR BAD...it truly helps you embrace all the uncertainty in your life.
7. EMBRACE THE THOUGHT "IT'S ALL HAPPENING PERFECTLY." You may be asking, "How can things be happening perfectly when there is the possibility of so much bad all around us?" Susan's answer to that is we cannot know the "Grand Design," the great mystery of it all. Therefore, as we embrace the thought, "It's all happening perfectly", we begin looking for the "good" in any situation that life hands us. And when we look for the good, WE ALWAYS FIND IT! Yes, so much good can come from so much that is bad. In that, it truly is happening perfectly.
8. FOCUS ON THE RICHES. As we go about our daily lives, we take so many wonderful things for granted. It's now time to notice. Notice the little things...that wonderful hot shower, that kiss from a loved one, the fact that your car started, that great food you are eating, the warm rays of the sun, the sunset, a candy bar...and on and on. Why is this so important? It is so important because...
As we focus on the good, the bad is so much easier to handle.
It is in the noticing of the little things that you truly get the feeling of a life well-lived. Your noticing is enhanced as you learn to say, while still in the glory of the moment, "I HAVE HAD THIS." And to take this exercise a step further, write all your I HAVE HAD THIS moments on little slips of paper. Then, at the end of the day, put them into a special I HAVE HAD THIS jar. You will soon have to get a bigger jar! It stands to reason that you worry less and less about the future as you appreciate life to its fullest NOW!
9. GET INVOLVED. Positive action has an amazing effect on our psyche. As we take action, we begin to feel more powerful and our fear about the future decreases considerably. Keep repeating to yourself...
"My life has meaning and I will do whatever I can to make this a better world."
Then: 1) Say to yourself, "What am I asked to do?"; 2) Make a list of what comes to mind; 3) Begin taking action.
When you remember that your life has meaning, it makes it so much easier to push through the fear and live a life that matters.
Just as importantly, you will have found the secret to creating a joyous and fulfilling life.
Copyright © 2012 Susan Jeffers, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
Sharing Your Gifts
We all know how to give the gift of a present, but it is more important to share your gifts that you were born with.
When the holidays come around, most of us join the masses in shopping for gifts, wrapping them, and giving them away. Once we are in the mind-set that this is what we are going to do, we don’t hold back or struggle with the process. We simply give the presents we have acquired, letting them go in the awareness that they were never ours anyway. If we could apply some of this unquestioning generosity with our own inner resources and gifts, we might be able to give of ourselves more freely.
In truth, our gifts only make sense when we give them away. Imagine carefully procured and wrapped presents that remain in the house of the giver, never getting to the people who were meant to have them. If we hold back, not knowing quite when to share our gifts, we all lose. Ironically, the more we give of ourselves, the more we have to offer. For example, if we have a talent for singing but we hold it back, we sing less and have less experience. On the other hand, if we offer the gift of our voice to the world at every opportunity, our talent develops and becomes still greater, and we have that much more to give.
How we present our gifts can be likened to wrapping paper and ribbons. When we truly value what we have to offer, our presentation honors what lies inside it. We speak well of our talents and introduce them with confidence and panache. Like a performer who chooses carefully what to wear and how to set the stage, we provide an environment that complements and enhances what we have to offer. Far from being superficial, a beautiful presentation is as much a part of the energy of gift giving as the gift itself. All these things together—the gift, the presentation, and the giving away—make up the joyful experience of bestowing our offerings upon the world.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT THIS MONTH
Allow your JOY to flow from your soul into your words, deeds, and choices today, and the unconscious expressiveness with which you share your good mood with the world can have a positive impact on your social, familial, and professional relationships. As you make merry in the presence of family, friends, and colleagues this festive month, these individuals will likely be caught up in the tide of your cheerfulness and be inspired to make merry themselves. You may be pleased to discover that you can lift the spirits of all you encounter without having to expend any particular effort because your own positivity is the current upon which bliss flows.
The simplest tool we have to spread joy is our own happiness, since by simply expressing our feelings openly we can inspire gladness and excitement in all we encounter. There is a quality inherent in both smiles and laughter that attracts those who either feel similarly joyful or ardently wish to integrate such happiness into their lives. As we enjoy ourselves, we soon find that we are surrounded by individuals eager to share in our good mood through lighthearted conversation, communal recreation, and other expressions of good humor. When we are willing to allow these seekers of joy to be a part of our lives, we can act as an epicenter of delight. Your merry mood will become a source of inspiration for others today when you are forthright in your mode of expressing the cheer flowing through your heart and mind.
I do not claim to have written the articles in this newsletter. They come from a wide variety of sources and submissions. It is information that resonates with me and it makes my heart joyful to share this information with you. Any infringement of said copyright is non-intentional and will be rectified upon notice and proof of ownership.
If you like what you read, please feel free to pass the entire newsletter on to others who you feel can benefit from the messages.
Sacred Wellness Practitioner
Usui/HolyFire Reiki Master-Teacher, CRA RT 05-140
IET® Master - Instructor
Recognized Therapeutic Touch ™ Teacher
Copyright©2007. All rights reserved. Website developed by Primeau Studio